Upward (Study Guide)

“Upward”
Sermon Study Guide for July 1, 2018

Scripture: Acts 8:26-40

Good Questions…

  1. Philip’s Moment
The early church…

Promptings…

The Ethiopian…

Isaiah 53:7-8 - Suffering Servant




2. Is Jesus Real To Me?


Baptism


Communion

John 12:32 - lifted up



The Wesley Challenge:
Sunday: Is Jesus real to me?
Monday: Am I enjoying prayer?
Tuesday: Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
Wednesday: Did the Bible live in me today?
Thursday: Did I disobey God in anything?
Friday: Do I pray about the money I spend?
Saturday: Do I give time for the Bible to speak to me every day?

Scripture for the Week:
Monday - Luke 11:1-4
Tuesday - Philippians 4:4-9
Wednesday - John 15:1-8
Thursday - Deuteronomy 5:28-33
Friday - Luke 12:13-21
Saturday - Hebrews 4:12-13

Resources for The Wesley Challenge
Folmsbee, Chris. The Wesley Challenge. Abingdon, 2017.

Hamilton, Adam. Revival. Abingdon, 2014.

Harper, Steve. Devotional Life in the Wesleyan Tradition. Upper Room, 1995.


Snyder, Howard. The Radical Wesley. Seedbed, 2014.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Shady Family Tree (Study Guide)

Decision Tree

Looking Like Jesus (Study Guide)