Inward (Study Guide)

“Inward”
Sermon Study Guide for July 8, 2018

Scripture: John 3:1-10

Birth Certificates…

  1. Nicodemus and Jesus…
Pharisee

Darkness

Born Again…
Galatians 5:22-23

Pride…




2. Inward







Ezekiel 36:26 - new heart


The Wesley Challenge:
Sunday: Am I proud?
Monday: Am I defeated in any part of my life?
Tuesday: Do I go to bed on time and get up on time?
Wednesday: Do I grumble or complain constantly?
Thursday: Am I a slave to dress, friends, work, or habits?
Friday: How do I spend my spare time?
Saturday: Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?

Scripture for the Week:
Monday - John 16:29-33
Tuesday - Genesis 2:2-3; Psalm 127:2
Wednesday - Philippians 2:14-16
Thursday - 1 Timothy 6:7-9
Friday - 2 Thessalonians 3:6-13
Saturday - Philippians 2:3-4

Resources for The Wesley Challenge
Folmsbee, Chris. The Wesley Challenge. Abingdon, 2017.

Hamilton, Adam. Revival. Abingdon, 2014.

Harper, Steve. Devotional Life in the Wesleyan Tradition. Upper Room, 1995.

Miller, Calvin. The Table of Inwardness. InterVarsity, 1984.


Snyder, Howard. The Radical Wesley. Seedbed, 2014.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Shady Family Tree (Study Guide)

Decision Tree

Looking Like Jesus (Study Guide)