Outward (Study Guide)

“Outward”
Sermon Study Guide for July 15, 2018

Scripture: Luke 18:9-14

  1. Jesus’ Parable
Prayer…

Pharisee…
Matthew 6:16-18


Tax Collector…


2. Outward
“To some who were confident…” (18:9)




Matthew 5:28





“A legacy of calling…”



The Wesley Challenge:
Sunday: Do I thank God that I am not like others?
Monday: Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than I am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?
Tuesday: Do I confidentially pass on to others what was told to me in confidence?
Wednesday: Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy, or distrustful?
Thursday: Am I honest in all my actions and words, or do I exaggerate?
Friday: Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold resentment toward, or disregard?
Saturday: When did I last speak to someone about my faith?

Scripture for the Week:
Monday - 2 Timothy 1:6-10
Tuesday - Proverbs 11:11-13
Wednesday - 2 Corinthians 6:14-7:1
Thursday - Colossians 3:9-11
Friday - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Saturday - Matthew 28:19-20

Resources for The Wesley Challenge
Folmsbee, Chris. The Wesley Challenge. Abingdon, 2017.

Hamilton, Adam. Revival. Abingdon, 2014.


Harper, Steve. Devotional Life in the Wesleyan Tradition. Upper Room, 1995.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Shady Family Tree (Study Guide)

Decision Tree

Looking Like Jesus (Study Guide)